[Standards-JIG] Re: LAST CALL: JEP-0172 (User Nickname)

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Sat Apr 29 19:15:13 UTC 2006

On 28 Apr 2006, at 20:42, JEP Editor wrote:

> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for JEP-0172 (User
> Nickname).

I'm not sure i like the following sentence in Section 4.5: "If a
client does not support JEP-0060 or the subset thereof specified in
JEP-0163, it MAY send one <message/> stanza to each of its contacts,
containing the updated nickname". I'm affraid clients will be getting
unsolicited information, which is exactly what we wanted to avoid by
introducing PEP. I would rather have the JEP be strict: no PEP, no
nickname updates.

cheers,
Remko