[Standards-JIG] Re: WHACK

Pavel Šimerda pavel.simerda.lists at centrum.cz
Sun Apr 30 07:36:51 UTC 2006

On 2006-04-30 08:45, Vinod Panicker wrote:
> On 4/30/06, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Vinod Panicker wrote:
> > > For this purpose, we could introduce a buffering proxy that such
> > > clients can use.  The gprs client would use such a proxy to connect to
> > > the xmpp server.
> >
> > Why not put the functionality in the server?
>
> Implementations may chose to include this functionality in a server.
> This can also be built as a layer that can be used with any xmpp
> server.
>
> Regards,
> Vinod.

Okay, why do we make up new services and proxies, when simple acking would
work just as well. And... would you use these proxies in s2s connections,
too? All people who seek reliability would need them.

Okay, they can use http polling now, that's a proxy solution for the best
cases. I'd rather improve the protocol that invent yet another proxy.

--
Keep it simple... http://www.pavlix.net/