[Standards-JIG] Re: CSpace instant messenger integrated in Jabber

Carlo v. Loesch CvL at mail.symlynX.com
Sat Aug 5 19:27:42 UTC 2006

why don't you put FAQs on the wiki as everybody else?

these questions aren't so unsual and they dont belong into a mailing list
where people won't find them

unless of course, you don't want people to find them....

thomasasta at gmx.net typeth:
| === How can I leave a message for somebody? ===
| If the buddy is online, just message him, if he is online, see the suggestion 18a on the suggestion page for offline messaging, which may be inserteted in the next version.

oh, message queueing. superb idea. skype does that. awful.
in essence, you expect people to never go offline.

| === The CSpace-ID is numeric? How is it ensured that nobody else will take my number? ===
| The Cspace-ID is just optional, the RSA.Key is the one used. as well the Cyberspace-ID is passwordprotected from your client.

if the c-id is the only thing i can give a girl on a party, how can you call
it optional. so how is a c-id protected. does it have a password?

| The Kademlia network of course has to be bootstrapped . this is done by any buddy of yours which is still online with the same IP adress, and as well random peers are stored in a cache (200 nodes as in emules kademnlia) to bootstrap the kademlia network. third there is a hidden server to bootstrap the network.

that means you broadcast messages to ip addresses which were once used
by your buddies. that's how p2p does it, huh? sounds a bit like an attack,
but apparently these methods are accepted these days.. hmm

| The bootstraps ervers is not the tachilm server for providing the Cyberspace-ID-cration, so they cannot steal your RSA-key. the next version additonally will allow RSA-key creation without Cyberspace-id. well it should be ALWAYS created, so that there are no users withot Cyberspace ID, but the network is mainly working with the RSA-key´s and totally without Cyberspace ID. As the RSA-key has public and private.. so no one can steal them!

no one can steal the information encrypted for the key, but still one can
steal the address where you send data to, so it never arrives to the intended
recipient. also, what is the tachilm server? who owns that? does it carry all
the c-ids? so the c-ids are in a proprietary central server?

| yes. I guess the next version has the process, that each buddy, wanting to sent me a message, has to be on my buddylist, and each wish to be on my buddylist has to be approved. So the first message to a Cyberspace ID, is to ask, if this buddy shoudl be on your buddylist, then you cannot be messaged by users not  on your list.

oh! you mean the c-id is used to protect your privacy! so it isn't so
unimportant after all! and once a person knows your public key, they can
always find out your ip and attack you, yes? so if i don't like you i
can simply publish your public key saying on that server there are tons
of warez p0rn and mp3, yes?

| === I can have encrypted end-to-end chat with my friends over any chat network as long as we use the same or compatible clients. What makes CSpace different here? ===
|
| You do not need servers, often as well servers register, that there is traffic, as this is direct from ip to ip in cyberspace, you are hidden from shaping and traffic analysis. Servers logg, how often you are online and to which Ip  you sent. As every Ip connection in europa has to be recorded, it is not necessarey that the ISP provioder of the Server and the server and the ISP Providers of two Buddies have all the connection time and trafficvolume logged. This is 4 x logged the same!!
| So servers are not needed, and : you can sent files as well encrypted.

huh.. alright, but what if the server is my own, or of one of my best
friends? all it does it does for me. if some employee of my ISP spies on
me, i am sure my ISP at home works for government or the FBI, so my
server's isp is trustworthier than my dsl isp.

it takes a little extra time to find a trustworthy server for myself
when i enter xmppspace or psycspace, but the many features it gives
me are certainly worth it.

	        xmpp:lynX at ve.symlynX.com » irc://psyced.org/#symlynX
	      the CryptoChat » https://psyced.org/LynX/?room=symlynX