[Standards-JIG] iq for ibb

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Tue Dec 5 21:36:09 UTC 2006

Mridul wrote:
>  Since iq has also been introduced for ibb recently
> (http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/xmpp/extensions/xep-0047.xml?r1=1.2&r2=1.4),
> is there any way for client to declare that they prefer or support one
> over other ? None of the older clients are going to understand iq ibb
> stanzas for example : same for servers.

Other idea to solve this at the implementation level:

If I try sending iq, but other peer doesn't support them, it returns
feature-not-implemented. Then I can retry sending a message.

--
Maciek                       A: It's against natural order of reading.
 xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net   Q: Why is that?