[Standards-JIG] Privacy lists: changing active and default list at the same time

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed Dec 6 19:31:20 UTC 2006

Hi!

While using Neos I noticed that this client had problems using the
privacy lists on my server. By checking the XML console I found out,
that Neos is trying to change default and active list using the same iq
query:

  <iq to="mawis at amessage.de/neos" from="mawis at amessage.de/neos"
id="ma3101" type="result"/>
  <iq id="ma3102" type="set">
    <query xmlns="jabber:iq:privacy">
      <default name="NeosPrivacy"/>
      <active name="NeosPrivacy"/>
    </query>
  </iq>
  <iq to="mawis at amessage.de/neos" from="mawis at amessage.de/neos"
id="ma3102" type="error">
    <query xmlns="jabber:iq:privacy">
      <default name="NeosPrivacy"/>
      <active name="NeosPrivacy"/>
    </query>
    <error type="modify" code="400">
      <bad-request xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/>
      <text xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas">Bad Request</text>
    </error>
  </iq>

In my implementation of the privacy lists I do not allow this, but when
I checked RFC 3921, I noticed that it is not clear if this is allowed.
While it is no usecase to change both at the same time, the above
request conforms the schemas.

I think it should be defined in XEP-0016, if changing both lists at the
same time is allowed by the protocol.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56