[Standards-JIG] In order delivery for xep-0047 ?

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu Dec 7 18:38:19 UTC 2006

Mridul schrieb:
> Matthias Wimmer wrote:
>> Mridul schrieb:
>>>
>>> In order processing is required - which need not translate into in
>>> order delivery.
>>> And which does not actually translate in case there is heavy load if
>>> using async sockets.
>>
>> IMHO delivering messages is part of processing a message.
>
> No, it is not. That would be in order delivery.

If in-order delivery would not be necessary, why should then in-order
processing be required? If I would not receive stanzas in-order, nobody
could check if I am processing them in-order. Therefore the requirement
in section 10 does not make sence to me, if it would not include
in-order delivery.

Tot kijk
    Matthias