[Standards-JIG] In order delivery for xep-0047 ?

Mridul mridul at sun.com
Fri Dec 8 04:54:20 UTC 2006

Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> Mridul schrieb:
>> Matthias Wimmer wrote:

>>> IMHO delivering messages is part of processing a message.
>>
>> No, it is not. That would be in order delivery.
>

> If in-order delivery would not be necessary, why should then in-order
> processing be required?

State change at server would require it.
I create a privacy list, i apply it - you need in order processing for that.

But I can have it as - I create privacy list, I apply it and my new list
creation gets pushed to the resources (which is result of first
operation, but is happening after second operation has completed).

> If I would not receive stanzas in-order, nobody could check if I am
> processing them in-order.

I am not sure if you can check this whatever be the model you apply ...
client sends stanza's and expects server to process it and route
appropriately.

Regards,
Mridul