[Standards-JIG] LAST CALL: XEP-0185 (Dialback Key Generation and Validation)

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Fri Dec 8 11:12:17 UTC 2006

XMPP Extensions Editor schrieb:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for XEP-0185 (Dialback Key Generation and Validation).

I thought that XEP-0185 is informational, but it seems to be Standards
Track now!?

In my opinion there should be no standards track XEP for this purpose. I
think generation of dialback keys is basically an implementation detail
of a server. There is no need to standardize this.

I even do not like "standards" that do not specify anything, but just
tell people, how they should do something. By these I get the
impression, that the author thinks he is the only one that is smart
enough to solve a problem. I'd like to get this XEP rejected, but I
could also accept it as informational.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56