[Standards-JIG] httpbind example issue

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed Feb 1 16:17:56 UTC 2006

Example 32 of JEP 124 shows what happens when a stream error occurs on
the xmpp connection.  Personally, I think this should be slightly changed,
as it is the only place in the entire JEP where a level 1 stanza is
modified from the XMPP server.  I suggest including the full
stream:error stanza instead of just its children, which is symmetrical
with the full stream:features stanza, etc.  It makes sense (at least to
me) for the connection manager to take some action on the body stanza,
and then pass off the content to some engine which is expecting XMPP
protocol.  This is certainly the case elsewhere (except of course in
connection manager terminal cases, where the included stanzas aren't
part of the XMPP protocol, but of JEP 124).

Comments?

jack.