[Standards-JIG] httpbind example issue

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 20:51:24 UTC 2006

Hi Jack,

Your proposal makes sense.

My only hesitation is that the JEP has been Draft for a year and there
are several implementations out there (some predating the Draft JEP).
Personally I'd be prepared to change the JEP, my client implementation
and my connection manager implementation... but only if there is a full
consensus that this change is important enough.

It is trivial for the connection manager to exclude the <stream:error>
wrapper when it generates the <body type='terminate'/> (these stanzas
need to be identified as a special case anyway). It is also simple for
the client to add the wrapper before passing the stanza to some XMPP
protocol engine (just as it has to construct <stream:stream>).

Perhaps this could have been slightly more elegant, but does that matter
enough to change it at this stage?

- Ian