[Standards-JIG] JEP-0142 Workgroups Status?

Adam Hunt kinema at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 02:39:33 UTC 2006

What is the status of JEP-0142 Workgroups?  The most recent revision, 0.2
was released just shy of a year ago.  I do hope that it hasn't been abandon
as I feel it has the potential of being very useful in a number of
applications.

Although this JEP seems to be focused on an implementation of "anycast"
(similar to what is found in IPv6 or IPv4 using BGP) I feel that it would
also be beneficial to offer support for the equivalent of broadcast
messages.  In a broadcast situation a client would send a message to the
workgroup where it would then be delivered to all members of the workgroup
not just the first in the workgroup queue.

Any thoughts?

--adam