[Standards-JIG] pubsub: cache-last-item

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 21:29:10 UTC 2006

On 2 Feb 2006, at 21:20, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Jacek Konieczny wrote:
>> IMHO that should be _at most_ SHOULD in the PubSub specification
>> -- for not
>> SPPS uses it may be not needed, add complicates things.  The
>> requirement
>> should be raised by SPPS specification to MUST, though.
>
> So it shall be.

I thought about it after, as all I'm concerned with is the IM
applications atm, I think I wasn't considering the other
applications. For SPPS it absolutely makes sense to be a MUST but
there are many easy to construct situations for 060 where it's
meaningless, pretty much anything alert-based rather than current
data-based, so a SHOULD for 060 seems fine.

/K

--
Kevin Smith
Psi Jabber client maintainer (http://psi-im.org/)