[Standards-JIG] Presence priority Question

Venkat Mani venkat.m at geodesiconline.com
Fri Feb 3 14:09:35 UTC 2006

>On 2/2/06, Venkat Mani <venkat.m at geodesiconline.com> wrote:
>> case. I have used pandion, gaim and mundu(native implementation)  to test
>> out the same.

>I have got to know--what PDA OS are you programming this for?

	Windows Mobile 2003 & 5

>> user may be on the move and only messages sent to xyz at server/pda will
>>reach
>> the user instantly.

>Then the PDA needs to have the higher priority.

>Yup.  Are there any that do?  This has been a proposed feature in Psi
>for some time.  The proposed solution would be for the idle timer to
>not only change a person's status (e.g. Away (as a result of idle)),
>but also lower the priority.
>
>So have your PDA set to 5
>Home set to 8
>Home when idle set to <5

Yep, that could be possible if client implementations would allow a user to
do that, I guess the only solution I can think of for this problem would be
to constantly ensure that I set the presence priority equal to the highest
priority that is set for any other resource from which the user is
connected. This would ensure that I would receive the message at all times
:)

> counts ,should there be a guideline for client implementations on setting
> presence priorities?

>You could also address this with client or server rules to forward
>messages.  I think there's a prototype or experimental JEP on clients
>doing this.

Any idea where I can find this?

Regards

Venkat