[Standards-JIG] Fiile transfer needs cancel feature?

Matt Tucker matt at jivesoftware.com
Fri Feb 3 22:20:20 UTC 2006

Justin,

> If we had this feature, I'd probably code the receiving
> client in such a way that the accept dialog disables the
> "Accept" button and adds some text somewhere saying, "(the
> sender has cancelled this request)".  I would definitely not
> remove the accept dialog from the screen, or otherwise try to
> make it seem like the request never occurred.

Yep, agreed. That's how we implement cancels right now ourselves.

> Thus, the benefit would be to avoid a timeout when clicking
> on Accept.
> Personally I don't think this is a big deal, but I'm not
> opposed if you want to push for the feature.

We've found it to be a pretty annoying UI issue so would love to see the
case included in the JEP. Combine this with automatic failover to IBB
from bytestreams (something we also need to post to standards-jig) and
XMPP will have the best file transfer protocol by far. :)

-Matt