[Standards-JIG] Re: Presence priority Question

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Sat Feb 4 11:26:20 UTC 2006

On 04 Feb 2006, at 11:10, Vinod Panicker wrote:

> This is already there in the RFC - section 11.1.4.1 - and its taken
> care of by the servers.

No it isn't in the RFC. Not only does the RFC say that it MAY do
that, but it also gives a bunch of other delivery rules. So, there is
no way on relying on that whatsoever. Also, AFAIK, no server
implements delivery to all.

 > The problem is that a "rogue" client might set a high priority for
 > itself, even when the user is away, thereby causing false deliveries.

I'm sure that is what the client intended to do then. Personally, i
would never make my client go to '0' automatically, because in the
time where i put myself away on one client and arrive to the other
client (which was also set to away), it would mean that messages
could have been delivered to *any* of both clients.

cheers,
Remko