[Standards-JIG] Jingle vs. Zoep

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 01:05:07 UTC 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 2:28 AM, dirk.griffioen at voipster.com wrote:

> However, there is one big difference: Zoep does not try to xmpp-ify
> SIP, it just wraps it. So there is no need for invention  :-) or
> own extensions: you need a simple SIP stack (of which many exists,
> either open or not): parser + statemachine to get up and running.

Actually, I'll take issue with this.  We haven't found any free
(either beer or speech) SIP stacks that don't have fatal flaws in
terms of memory leaks or mis-implementations of the protocol.  I'd
love to have pointers to some more that we haven't looked at, if you
have suggestions, however.

--
Joe Hildebrand