[Standards-JIG] What is a bad reason to reject a JEP?

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Thu Feb 9 07:57:53 UTC 2006

Akito Nozaki wrote:
> 1. Its too hard to implement this JEP in my code.
> I've seen people complaining about a JEP, because there code isn't setup
> to do this.

That is a valid reason. If there's a simpler way to do something, then
the simpler way should win. It's about KISS.

> 2. I can't find a free/payed library that implements the JEP.
> Lot of the latest or bleeding edge stuff will not have a library
> implementation.

I don't think that reason has ever come up. A vast majority of the JEPs
lack implementations. The reason that's so is that the new JEP rate is
much faster than the new JEP implementation rate.

- Nolan

--
SemanticGap: To act as one (TM) -- http://www.semanticgap.com/
Instant awareness & messaging * Online presence design