[Standards-JIG] What is a bad reason to reject a JEP?

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 12:40:26 UTC 2006

Hi Akito,

> 1. Its too hard to implement this JEP in my code.
> I've seen people complaining about a JEP, because there code
> isn't setup to do this.
>
> 2. I can't find a free/payed library that implements the JEP.
> Lot of the latest or bleeding edge stuff will not have a
> library implementation.
>
> These two are in my mind not a valid reason for shooting a JEP down.

I agree with both your points.

Being hard to implement is, in itself, not a sufficient reason to reject
a JEP. However, IMHO if a JEP is *unnecessarily* hard to implement - if
easier ways of achieving the same result exist - and if the author is
not prepared to make implementation easier, then that could be a
sufficient reason to reject the JEP.

- Ian