[Standards-JIG] What is a bad reason to reject a JEP?

Akito Nozaki anpluto at usa.net
Thu Feb 9 16:21:47 UTC 2006

> I agree with both your points.
>
> Being hard to implement is, in itself, not a sufficient reason to reject
> a JEP. However, IMHO if a JEP is *unnecessarily* hard to implement - if
> easier ways of achieving the same result exist - and if the author is
> not prepared to make implementation easier, then that could be a
> sufficient reason to reject the JEP.

I agree. I'm specifically talking about people complaining that _there
code_ can't implement the JEP... but agree that the JEP is a good idea.

The trend I see from many of the JEP that was rewritten to be easer,
looses important feature. I wouldn't say all of the time but most.

There are few accepted JEP on mind that I would like to see revised in
the future because of there limitation.

Akito