[Standards-JIG] Jingle vs. Zoep

Akito Nozaki anpluto at usa.net
Thu Feb 9 20:34:54 UTC 2006

> The gateway remark is the most interesting, as Max implemented both the Openzoep SIP stack as wel as a Gateway to bridge incoming SIP to XMPP.
>
> I know there have been discussion on the list about a Jingle/Sip gateway, I would like to know if there is anyone that actually has implemented one? And if so, is it possible to share some of the gained insights?

I have not gotten any where near implementing such gateway, but I have
made few use case and diagram to figure out how I would do this.

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jingle/2005-December/000042.html

I think much can be said about Jingle vs SIP, but we need to figure out
what Jingle is trying to do. Depending on this, the discussion will
change greatly.

Until we clearly know what the goal of Jingle is, I think this is a very
hard topic to discuss.