[Standards-JIG] Jingle and ICE

Philippe Kalaf philippe.kalaf at collabora.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 21:07:20 UTC 2006

Hi,
   I have been working with libjingle and the jingle JEP recently and am
using it mostly for P2P connection establishement. I aim to provide ICE
compatibility while using libjingle. There are a couple of issues I
would like to discuss about the Jingle JEP that seem to be missing
compared to ICE, and would like to know if they are planned for future
drafts.

1. There dosen't seem to be any concept of multiple components per
candidate in Jingle. This is usefull when wanting to have an RTCP
connection established along side the media streaming channel. Is this
planned or has it been omitted on purpose for some reason?

2. There dosen't seem to be any exchange of currently "active
candidates" for a connection. Libjingle determines the best possible
candidate and simply uses it without alerting the other side about it.
ICE on the other hand requires that you send the active/prefered
candidates in the m/c line.

3. What about peer-derived candidates?

Regards,
Philippe Kalaf