[Standards-JIG] NEW: JEP-0173 (Pubsub Subscription Storage)

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Fri Feb 10 06:27:27 UTC 2006

JEP Editor wrote:
> Version 0.1 of JEP-0173 (Pubsub Subscription Storage) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This JEP defines a protocol for storing subscriptions to Pubsub nodes.
>
> Changelog: Initial JEP version; changed title to Pubsub Subscription Storage; changed namespace to storage:pubsubs for consistency with other storage JEPs. (psa)

In light of what PSA told me in my presencability thread, I don't think
this JEP is needed at all, especially with PEP. Pub/sub requires that
the service is in your roster, so it gets presence. So in our currently
fanciful world of every JID as a pub/sub service, we can just do:

    for each roster item:
        get list of affiliations per 0060 SS 8.1.7
(http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0060.html#entity-retrieve)

- Nolan

--
SemanticGap: To act as one (TM) -- http://www.semanticgap.com/
Instant awareness & messaging * Online presence design