[Standards-JIG] Jingle vs. Zoep

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Fri Feb 10 09:07:51 UTC 2006

This is no good answer Peter, and you know better than this :)

What is an 'end user'? Another of these 'vague, philosophical' concepts
similar in its usage to how politics refer to 'the people'? You won't make
me believe this is all you have?

And it wouldn't be fair betting to pretend that whatever we do, nobody will
qualify the work done today as a piece of crap in the future. Times they are
a changing...

I agree 100% that prototypes are necessary to assess the viability of a
project. But it is also very rare that prototypes come out as the final
solution in their original form.
And I am not found of formalization for the sake of formalism. There is a
pragmatic middle-ground between the two approaches, isn't it?

Why not just expose the issues before formalizing them in a JEP, rather than
having people comment on an incomplete description. Do not tell me there are
no issues. Wouldn't it be worth creating JSF working groups to tackle those
issues? I'm just saying that the process as it stands is serial. And
everything is linked to 'you' the authors 'stabilizing' Jingle.
Don't you think it would be possible to work on different aspects of this
large subject on parallel tracks and reconcile different point of view along
the time line?