[Standards-JIG] Jingle vs. Zoep

Akito Nozaki anpluto at usa.net
Fri Feb 10 20:35:39 UTC 2006

Scott Ludwig wrote:
> On 2/9/06, Akito Nozaki <anpluto at usa.net> wrote:
>>> The gateway remark is the most interesting, as Max implemented both the Openzoep SIP stack as wel as a Gateway to bridge incoming SIP to XMPP.
>>>
>>> I know there have been discussion on the list about a Jingle/Sip gateway, I would like to know if there is anyone that actually has implemented one? And if so, is it possible to share some of the gained insights?
>
> We're committed to ensuring that Jingle gateways to SIP. We're working
> through issues and will contribute to a JEP on SIP<->Jingle
> gatewaying.
>
> .

The introduction says it wants to provide a easy way for VOIP gateway to
talk XMPP, but why are we doing this? To make people happy?

XMPP protocol was not implemented based on AIM/ICQ, MSN, Yahoo protocol,
but got ideas from it. Why is Jingle<->SIP gateway so important but
gateway to these IM network wasn't as important?

Akito