[Standards-JIG] Jingle and ICE

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Sat Feb 11 09:16:30 UTC 2006

Scott Ludwig wrote:
>>I must be being a bit stupid ;) I still can't exactly see how I'd
>>negotiate an RTCP stream and and RTP stream, both being parts of the
>>same session. Would this require defining a new session type, with a
>>defined meaning for candidate name=rtcp?
>

> I think what you are asking is, the jingle-audio session type, as
> defined in JEP-0167, doesn't allow you to specify multiple streams in
> the session description, needed for some audio codecs which require
> RTP and RTCP. I agree, this needs to be fixed.
>
>>I also don't seem to be able to see how to, e.g. negotiate a session
>>with synchronised audio and video. Would this be another session type,
>>with candidate names defined like rtp-audio, rtcp-audio, rtp-video,
>>rtcp-video?
>
> Yes. We should move forward with defining this audio-video session type.

Encrypted audio, video, and the combination of the two needs to be
provisioned as well. Glancing through the SRTP spec a while back, it
looked like it requires a key to start things off. We might be able to
get that key through something in the OTR JEP though.

Any thoughts? If something in OTR is usable, then it shouldn't be to
hard to document a process, though we would see a doubling of candidate
names.

- Nolan

--
SemanticGap: To act as one (TM) -- http://www.semanticgap.com/
Instant awareness & messaging * Online presence design