[Standards-JIG] Re: E-Commerce and Patents

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:21:00 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, Alexander Gnauck <gnauck at ag-software.de> wrote:
> > Bill pay over Jabber would be very beneficial.  I'm thinking we could even
> > include a JEP for online banking.  Balance transfers, Inquiries and the
> > like.
>
> i thought about that several times too. Here in germany the latest
> standard for online banking is FINTS 4 [1]. Its XML based too, but way
> to complex. Whats used in other coutries currently? A XMPP extension
> would be great here for a international secure standard.

Let me make the comment here that whatever banks use will necessarily
be very complex, very secure, very robust.  But XMPP is used on the
stock exchange floors isn't it?  Does anyone know any details of what
is done there?  Maybe some of those lessons can apply to banking.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com