[Standards-JIG] Jingle: tracking stanzas

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Tue Feb 14 22:40:51 UTC 2006

What are we trying to achieve? Stanza tracking or session tracking? I am
under the impression session tracking is more appropriate in many
voice/media use cases. Similar to a call refrence.

IMHO embedding any logic in an identifier is not very scalable. I personally
prefer having the sid as the only meaningful Jingle reference. And frankly
speaking it is not going to create that much of an overhead if we limit
ourseleves to the sid only in result or error.

<iq from='gw.shakespeare.lit' to='juliet at capulet.com' type='result'
   id='jingle-1'>
  <jingle xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/jingle'
          sid='a73sjjvkla37jfea'/>