[Standards-JIG] Jingle: DTMF

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Tue Feb 14 23:34:57 UTC 2006

Matthew O'Gorman wrote:

> but this isnt always something you can do early, it is a realtime
> event, end user presses one so that the other end can send you on in
> the ivr. however i dont see how you could have them come out of order
> as the other end is most likely waiting for said dtmf

This seems to assume that all DTMF exchanges are just one digit..

You get to an IVR prompt:  "How many widgets would you like to buy?".
You dial "109".  If each digit is a separate stanza, and the stanzas are
not guaranteed to arrive in order, the other end may receive "901", and
you're going to wonder why you get 792 more widgets than you asked for!

-SteveK