[Standards-JIG] pubsub: where we go from here

Pedro Melo melo at co.sapo.pt
Wed Feb 15 11:04:56 UTC 2006

hi,

On Feb 14, 2006, at 10:24 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> My sense is that we're winding down on the proposed pubsub
> revisions. My
> current goal is to incorporate all feedback by February 24 (next
> Friday)
> so that the Council can vote on approving version 1.8 at its next
> meeting (to be held March 1 or thereabouts). So keep those cards and
> letters coming! :-)

hmms...

This was never proposed, as far as can remember, and I don't know if
it fits in JEP-0060, or if it should be done in a separate jep.

Right now, if several users of server A subscribe to a topic on
server B, the event notifications are sent multiple times via S2S
between B and A.

If A had a JEP-0060 "proxy" (for lack of better name), A clients
could subscribe to B topics via A Proxy, and only a single
notification would travel between B and A.

I think this will be important in the long term, to scale up
JEP-0060, but my gut feeling is that this can be done on top of
JEP-0060.

Best regards,
--
HIId: Pedro Melo