[Standards-JIG] Jingle: DTMF

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:46:47 UTC 2006

On 2/15/06, Matthew O'Gorman <ogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> this in my opinion is yet another reason not to do rfc2833 as jabber
> already provides a straight forward and reliable path for this data.

  It provides a server based delivery of this data.  SDP is more of a p2p
based approach, as the singaling data is sent directly WITH the RTP data,
and NOT thru the server.

  And at this point, you can specify that it SHOULD be supported thru
Jabber, but you can't do a damned thing about it actually being used.  If
the data is in-band or out-of-band, doesn't matter.  All we're talking about
it the ability to provide this data OVER Jabber, which we already know can
and will be done.  If not part of the spec, someone WILL end up adding it at
some point once they WANT to do it.

  What harm is there in supporting either?

  Thomas