[Standards-JIG] Jingle: DTMF

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Wed Feb 15 18:22:29 UTC 2006

Thank you Justin. I am just saying that in a perfect world this would be
true. Any decent server will try to "ensure in-order processing". It does
not mean that you can trust it fully for time sensitive applications. There
is a probability for stanzas to be delivered out of order, especially when
they cross the server boundary. XMPP does not describe any guaranteed nor
ordered delivery mechanism in the RFC. It just mandates it. So we can only
rely on 'best effort' on top of a reliable transport. In a vast majority of
case it would be enough, but not 100% guaranteed. Hence my saying we must
not assume it to be true. I am just under the impression we are dealing with
time sensitivity here, this is why I remain on the safe side.