[Standards-JIG] Jingle: DTMF

Matthew O'Gorman ogorman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:40:44 UTC 2006

i can tell you thomas that the majority of sip devices only support inband
in ulaw or rfc2833 , info digits is the lame duck.  and I agree doing inband
would be very stupid is well.  I think the only two reasonable candidates
are rfc2833 or some xmpp solution.  Like I have said before both are fine,
doing it in rfc2833 is more in tune with sip and makes it easier for
connecting to sip gateways esp. if your routing traffic like google is,
however, it is not the jabber way, or at least thats what i think.  I don't
think it really matters which is chosen as they both will work well.  I
think it will put more work on the client developers as they will have to
implement that part using an rtp stack where as before it is simple xmpp.
But seriously please just pick one. ^_^

Mog