[Standards-JIG] Jingle: DTMF - Zoep

Joe Beda jbeda at google.com
Thu Feb 16 18:52:55 UTC 2006

I would think that any data could be sent in an 'info'.  If the other side
doesn't understand it then it can just ignore it or return an error.
Similarly, I would assume that extra elements could be included in other
jingle stanzas.  If you want to signal the ability to do other types of
signalling in the context of a session it seems reasonable to do so in the
initiate/accept.

A DTMF protocol could be negotiated (and renegotiated) in this way without
impacting the core jingle-audio spec.  That being said, it may still make
sense to include DTMF over XMPP in jingle-audio anyway.

As for rfc2833, the ability to send/receive RTP in this format should be
specified with a payload-type of 'audio/telephone-event'.

Joe