[Standards-JIG] : Jingle: DTMF

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Fri Feb 17 17:31:46 UTC 2006

Hi Thomas,
It seems we're getting an agreement after all ;)

Shall we say the Jingle specification would benefit from :

1/ a standard way to advertise the DTMF payload support in the media stream
definition, allowing compliant client to choose using it when adequate
(support not mandatory). The nature of the implementation is obviously
linked to the underlying media protocol. This should be part of the JEPs
defining the media, starting with the Jingle/audio. Recommended standards
should be part of the said JEPs. Brian's post provides a good way to word
this ;)

2/ an additional signaling JEP describing, but not limited to, how to
simulate out-of-band 'DTMF' (i.e withing the XMPP flow) and other
verbs/commands to interact with media devices. Ultimately it would be
evolved to a "richer signaling, since it provides the capability to do a
number of more advanced features above and beyond DTMF".

What do you think?

Jean-Louis