[Standards-JIG] Re: MUC traffic issues

Ulrich Staudinger us at activestocks.de
Sun Feb 19 19:38:30 UTC 2006

Alexander Gnauck schrieb:

>> Hal Rottenberg schrieb:
>>
>>> MUC Multicasting.
>>

>> yes, but not only muc. Pubsub and other protocols will have the same
>> problems once the are commonly used.
>

> oh, here is what we need here:
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0033.html
>
> i should read all Jeps more carefully ;-)
> Any server there supporting this Jep yet?

Well, that does not work good for large chat rooms, the delivered
messages would become ULTRA big. I still think the xmpp protocol is very
verbose and a diet could be good for it, but that's my personal opinion.
( I still like the approach to slim out "iq" by "i", "presence" by "p"
and "message" by "m"), but don't listen to me on the last topic.

Cheers,
Ulrich