[Standards-JIG] Re: MUC/pubsub multicasting using JEP-0033. Was: MUC traffic issues

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Mon Feb 20 12:15:12 UTC 2006

Ralph Meijer schrieb:
> I don't see how this is different from an integrated MUC implementation
> using the current protocol. Replacing MUC's distribution scheme with
> pubsub's doesn't change anything. You'll still have as many messages
> coming into to the server (now as publishes) and the notifications
> coming out are also similar.

i agree there is no big difference. It makes it only more complicated to
manage the distribution lists.

What we need here is to use JEP-0033, and stream compression for s2s and
the component protocol. The uncompressed messages with Jep-0033 will be
very big, but we will have a very high compression rate here. So i think
this will be fine. The only overhead we have is the parsing of the big
uncompressed JEP-0033 messages.

Alex