[Standards-JIG] Re: MUC traffic issues

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Feb 22 03:28:19 UTC 2006

Well, to address Bob's requirement the uber-message sent from pubsub.com
to jabber.org for all his mythical subscribers there would also need to
include pubsub SubIDs. So conceptually it would need to look like this:

<message from='pubsub.com' to='jabber.org'>
  <addresses>
    <address to='sub1 at jabber.org' subid='foo'>
    ... lots more addresses here! ...
  </addresses>
  <pubsub>
    ... pubsub-event-with-payload-here ...
  </pubsub>
</message>

But right now there's no way to include the SubIDs or other info on a
per-address basis, unless we put a SHIM header in each <address/>
element (possible, I suppose, but potentially icky).

Peter