[Standards-JIG] Defining IAX transport over jingle

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Wed Feb 22 16:08:35 UTC 2006

I would also like to be included in the IAX discussions. I think IAX
should be pretty easy to implement but at the same time a bit confusing.

I've thought about it quite a lot in the last while going through the
DTMF thread and I'm a bit confused as to how we are going to separate
IAX calling peers, and IAX calling Asterisk.

In a regular case where IAX is used in the same manner as Jingle Audio
(p2p) maybe we need less data (codecs etc) but we need an IP the same as
Jingle Audio to connect to. But in the case of IAX using Asterisk,
everything is basically extensions. In this case the call gets routed
via Asterisk and not a Jingle gateway.

Perhaps just adding a <extension> tag to the Jingle stanza is enough but
I'm not sure.

Thanks and take care,
Simon

Simon Guindon