[Standards-JIG] Defining IAX transport over jingle

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Wed Feb 22 22:22:10 UTC 2006

I see in my scenario an asterisk gateway mostly just being an
information hub. Replying to DISCO/Jingle queries but then the IAX
client just simply calls the extension.

When I wish to call you how do I distinguish which 2 of the IAX methods
you support?

I believe in the Jingle Signaling JEP has a feature section is that
correct? Maybe we need 2 features for IAX/SIP being IP to IP or through
a PBX.

I think I'm a bit in the same boat as you. I know what I need out of
this but confused which solution is best and most clean.

The way I see it is, there might be multiple gateways on 1 server for
Asterisk. One might be a chan_jingleaudio which connects Jingle Audio
capable clients Asterisk. Another would be an Asterisk gateway that
doesn't do Jingle Audio but supports DISCO queries for asking how do I
contact Antonio.

Like I said I know what I need but ensure at which route to take.

You could DISCO the asterisk.server.com for Antonio's extension #, or do
you query for his VCard to find it? Etc etc.. Many JEP's I think could
be used but which is best?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon