[Standards-JIG] Re: pubsub: questions and comments

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Thu Feb 23 02:31:01 UTC 2006

16) In section "9.2 Subscribing to a Collection Node" we found the following
text: "A service MAY allow an entity to subscribe to a collection node
twice, once with a subscription of type "nodes" (to receive notification of
any new nodes added to the collection or the entire tree) and once with a
subscription of type "items"". If the pubsub service supports many
subscriptions to leaf nodes then shouldn't we allow users to subscribe to
collection nodes many times when subscription is of type "items"?

Thanks,

  -- Gato