[Standards-JIG] Defining IAX transport over jingle

Simon simon at nureality.ca
Thu Feb 23 03:41:23 UTC 2006

Hey Steve,

I guess my ultimate goal is that the user doesn't have to configure those kinds of things. When they log into jabber it will automatically discover all of that.

I know making a call over Asterisk for IAX is user:pass at server.com/extension
what's the format for P2P direct? If we can use the same field for both then that is fine as well. I'm just not familiar with IAX in a P2P manner if its just the same call format just simply its the users IP instead.

But yeah I agree, some clients will work that way, some will I think in the future have more integration. Atleast that is my goal. So Asterisk and XMPP can be closely tied together and the clients can simply discover their settings.

Thanks and take care,
Simon