[Standards-JIG] PEP and MUC

Steve Smith ssmith at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Thu Feb 23 05:50:28 UTC 2006

> My initial thought is that we might want to define a separate pubsub
> profile for MUC, rather than using PEP. It might be quite similar to
> PEP, but different in several respects (such as allowing multiple
> owners/publishers) since MUC rooms are different in kind from user accounts.
>
> Naturally that raises the question: what the heck are these pubsub
> profiles and how are they to be defined? Good question. No answer yet.
> It's possible we might want to define some guidelines for that in a
> future version of JEP-0060 or in a separate document.

I've already sketched out what I would like to see from a service such
as this here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.jabber.devel/24692

This was pre-PEP, so I'd probably express it in those terms now (rather
that the private-XML model I was looking at).  I've already implemented
the private-XML version in ejabberd, I may look at re-doing it based on
Magnus Henoch's PEP implementation if I get a chance (his stuff's
basically a mapping on top of pubsub so should work well for multiple
publishers).

Cheers,
Steve