[Standards-JIG] Defining IAX transport over jingle

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Thu Feb 23 14:24:03 UTC 2006

Well I'm wondering if a spec that gives is a manner to see how someone can communicate with someone else is required. Something along the lines of:

QUERY: romeo wants to know which ways he can communicate with Juliet
ANSWER:
	Chat: Juliet at aim.server.com
	Chat/Jingle Audio: Juliet%hotmail.com at msn.server.com
	Jingle-IAX: Juliet at iax.server.com
	Jingle Audio: Juliet at jingle.server.com
	Voicemail: 1234 at asterisk.server.com

This is a super rough example but hopefully I'm getting the point across. Hopefully in the future the MSN transport and such actually support Jingle Audio to MSN Audio which now will be included in the response above.

I have a feeling were getting a bit off course though. This isn't really an IAX implementation issue. I just feel a solution of this manner is required the more Jingle-ish protocols we add.

Thanks and take care,
Simon

Simon Guindon
Tomahawk Technologies Inc.