[Standards-JIG] Re: proto-JEP: Metacontact Storage

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Fri Feb 24 20:34:37 UTC 2006

On 24 Feb 2006, at 19:12, Etan Reisner wrote:

> Yes, we could just replace the 'parent' with this unique tag, but
> I'm not sure how much I like the fact that this private storage
> space is going to get very large rather quickly. I

On every account, max. one tag per jid on your roster. Surely, that's
not too much ? Moreover, the storage is spread over different
accounts, and there are no confict problems at all.

And if you define an order of some kind on the ids, you just pick the
group from the contact with the highest priority to show it in. Other
ways of determining the group are also possible.

cheers,
Remko