[Standards-JIG] JEP-0172 (User Nickname) invite and decline

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 04:43:43 UTC 2006

Hi Valerie, Peter,

JEP-0172 does not specify how nicknames should be sent with JEP-0045
room invite and decline messages. In this case, should the x:data result
element?

The later would seem more logical since the nickname corresponds to the
'from' attribute of the <invite/> element (not to the 'from' attribute
of the <message/> element). Another example would make this more clear.

Also could one of the authors please comment on my previous question
below.

Thanks in advance.

- Ian