[Standards-JIG] JEP-0004 Data Forms issues

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Mon Jan 2 12:30:56 UTC 2006

Ian wrote:
> I'm confident there
> is plenty of scope to override default values provided by the
> server with ones that are more suitable for a particular user.

For example:

MUC room configuration has become a lengthy process. A friendly client
might offer to remember its user's preferences after the first
configuration. The user's default values would often be different and
more appropriate than the ones offered by the server.

So perhaps even a RECOMMENDED would be unhelpful here? Can we delete
this restriction completely?

- Ian