[Standards-JIG] RE: Standards-JIG Digest, Vol 24, Issue 4

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Wed Jan 4 18:05:40 UTC 2006

Peter,

Looks good to me.

I don't know what much can be said on the SIP side. SIP message sessions are
not a standard in their current form. They are somewhat described in
draft-ietf-simple-im-session-00.txt and implemented in the Microsoft IM
clients. The next generation SIMPLE message (Message Relay) specs are really
in their infancy.

On the message content/envelope once you map the <thread/> and the Call-ID
you have all what's needed for a single resource chat session. You may want
to add that some chat state information may be carried in either a SIP
MESSAGE or INFO, and mapped to JEP 85 chat states notification. Anyway, the
content type for this information is just being made standard on the SIP
side.

Jean-Louis