[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Wed Jan 4 20:34:37 UTC 2006

Right. I think we need a more flexible manner than simply gateway
handling chat msgs and converting them to DTMF though. I think perhaps
an addition to one of the Jingle specs (whichever one it would fall
into, be it Jingle or Jingle Audio) would be cleaner.

As far as I know and any Asterisk/IAX/SIP guys on this list could maybe
correct me if I'm wrong but most PBX-like features are based off of
DTMF. Such as putting someone on hold, transferring the call, or
navigating voice menus and voicemail etc.

To add all these features to Jingle, do we simply just need a way to
send DTMF and all those solutions are now solved?

I'm only familiar with IAX and Asterisk as a client developer and most
of all the things I mentioned work by pressing tones.

Can Jingle support multiple lines? For example in Asterisk I believe I
can have 3 lines associated with my account and I can be in one call,
put them on hold and pickup another call.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks and take care,
Simon

Simon Guindon