[Standards-JIG] pubsub access models

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jan 4 23:44:30 UTC 2006

> On 12/29/05, Chris Mullins <chris.mullins at coversant.net> wrote:
>> [Refactoring PubSub]
>>
>> While you're in there, you might want to take a quick read through:
>> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-pubsub/
>>
>> This is a Web Service spec for pubsub - it's not a rich as JEP 60, but
>> it has some nice simplifications that streamline it quite nicely.

We're in deep trouble if anything starting with WS- is perceived as
simple and streamlined compared to the XMPP offering. Have you clicked
through to read all the relevant specs (and their dependencies on SOAP,
SOAP-Envelope, WS-Addressing, WS-Policy, etc., etc.) or are you basing
your opinion only on the whitepaper?

Jabber Software Foundation