[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Thu Jan 5 10:55:52 UTC 2006

Scott Ludwig wrote:
> However nothing prevents A from sending to you, since the session is
> still active. Even though you aren't processing the RTP from A it
> would still eat some bandwidth. Is that what you are suggesting, that
> hold / suspending signaling could help save incoming RTP bandwidth?
> That would be useful. It would be done with a jingle-audio INFO
> message.

That would probably be a good idea. I was thinking that the other party
should know that you're not listening to them. I think that would be a
nice courtesy, especially if they stop sending you stuff.

- Nolan

--
SemanticGap: To act as one (TM) -- http://www.semanticgap.com/
Instant awareness & messaging * Online presence design